Bonfiglioli scooped the ‘Excellence in the Application of Gears, Motors or Drives’ award at the 2014 Australian Bulk Handling Awards, or “Bulkies” as they have been freshly coined.
The All Torque Transmissions supply partner won for its collaboration with Rio Tinto and Bellingham Engineering, where 27 A-Series helical-bevel gear units were supplied to increase capacity at Rio’s rail welding facility in Karratha, Western Australia.
Bulk Handling Awards – The Competition
Held at Sydney’s Doltone House (Darling Harbour), the Australian Bulk Handling Awards is an annual independently-judged, 15 category industry gala that rewards achievement in various bulk handling associated domains. For 2014, the categories included:
- Innovative technology
- Dust control technology, innovation or practice
- Supplier of the year
- Environmental project of the year
- Excellence in the application of gears, motors and drives
- Best practice in work, health and safety
- Excellence in transport and/or conveying technology
- Bulk handling facility of the year (resources and infrastructure)
- Bulk handling facility of the year (manufacturing and processing)
- The AW Roberts award (for young engineers)
- Australian society for bulk solids handling award (for outstanding personal contribution)
- Excellence in engineering photography
Excellence in the Application of Gears, Motors or Drives
For 2014, finalists in the Excellence in the Application of Gears, Motors or Drives category were:
The 2014 project win does not represent the first time that Bonfiglioli has won this award, having taken out the top position numerous times previously, with the last win back in 2012.
As we seem to do every year, All Torque would like to congratulate Bonfiglioli for once again taking out the top award in the industry.