Premium Efficiency – The Super-E® Story
In the mid-70s, a southeastern US tire manufacturing plant asked Baldor to increase their plant’s operating efficiencies. After analyzing the efficiencies of the plant’s 75 Hp motors, Baldor engineers determined that considerable energy savings could be gained from a motor design focused on “active materials.”
By adding more copper to the windings, upgrading the laminations to a premium-grade steel, designing precision air gaps between the rotor and stator, and reducing fan and other losses in the motor, Baldor was able to supply the plant with the premium efficient motors it needed. This was the birth of the Baldor Super-E®.
Premium Efficiency Motor Features
• Standard IEC foot mountings.
• Improved efficiency results in less heat and lower operating temperatures.
• IP55 Enclosure.
• Premium quality Copper Windings 10 TIMES MORE RESISTANT TO MOISTURE than commonly used 185°C wire.
• Wound using ISR™ wire which is up to 100 times more resistant to transient spikes, high frequencies, and short rise time pulses produced by inverters.
• Stator slot design with an increased number of slots improves both efficiency and power factor.
• Advanced computer analysed core designs a longer overall core length ensure high inductive performance, lower flux density, and increased cooling capacity, reducing both magnetic and load losses.
• Increased volume of copper, minimises operating temperature rise, reduces resistance, and reduces stator and load losses.
• Bearings meet ABEC-1 tolerances, regreasable through easily accessible fittings.
• Packed with ‘Mobil Polyrex EM’, moisture resistant, high temperature grease.
• Bearings designed to give ABEC-B10 life or 30,000 hours under rated conditions.
• High strength and rigidity from cast iron body and end plates.
• Terminal box with generous internal capacity and rotatable in 90° increments.
• Anti-condensation one-way drain plugs at the lowest point of motor housing.