WEG’s W21 motor range is versatile, and large. From 63 frame to 355 frame in 2, 4, 6 and 8 pole as standard, the W21 is the workhorse of the WEG electric motor range.
To download the W21 electric motor catalogue follow this link (2.1MB)
- Machine tools
- Milling applications
- Centrifugal machines
- Packaging equipment
- Other severe duty applications
- Three-phase, multiviltage, IP55, TEFC
- Output: 0.12 up to 355kW
- Frame: 63 up to 355M/L
- 220-240/380-415V (up to 100L)
- 380-415/660V (from 112M and up)
- Class”F” insulation (∆T=80K)
- Continuousduty – S1
- Squirrel cage rotor /Aluminium die cast
- Design N
- Grease nipple system from frame 225S/M up to 280S/M and above
- Automatic drain plug
- V’ring for frames63 up to 200L
- Lip seal for frames 225S/M up to 280S/M (IIpole)
- Labyrinth tachonite seal for frames 280S/M (IV pole) up to 355M/L
- Ambient temperature: 40°C, at 1000 m.a.s.l
- Metric tread cable on the terminal box
- Thermistor (1 per phase) fitted in frame 225S/M up to 355M/L
- Suitable to Inverter duty applications
- Ball bearings up to 280S/M (II pole) (D.E. and N.D.E.)
- Roller bearings from frame 280S/M (IV pole) (D.E.)
- Color: RAL 5007
- Degree of Protection: IPW 55, IP 56 or IP 65
- Bearing seals:
- Lip Seal (90S – 280S/M (II pole))
- Oil Seal (90S – 280S/M (II pole))
- Labyrinth Tachonite frames 90S up to 355M/L
- Thermal protection
- Thermistors: from frames 90S up to 355M/L
- RTD’s (PT100)
- Space Heaters
- Design H
- Class “H” insulation
- Roller bearings from frame 160M and above
W21 Technical Attributes
WEG’s fan and fan cover design are instrumental in providing a low noise electric motor. Fans are designed to ensure low temperature rise, minimising winding losses and increasing motor efficiency.
Cast iron with generous internal space, the terminal box can be rotated at 90 degree intervals, thanks to multiple threaded cable entry points. Top mount is standard, with side mount on request.
Increased safety terminal block effectively prevents incoming leads from turning.
Low-loss laminations are used to improve electric characteristics, reducing electric losses and operating temperature.
WEG has developed an insulation system to withstand voltage surges and transients of modern day applications. Accordingly, the W21 ranges is suited to inverter duty applications.
The W21 range can be mounted in any position, providing maximum allowable axial and radial thrusts are adhered to. Roller bearings can be fitted for pulley applications in frames 225 and above.
WEG endshields are made from high-grade cast iron, enhanced with external fins for better heat dissipation and increased bearing life.
V-ring seals are standard with oil seals in flange mounted units.
The W21 range is supplied with plastic drain plugs to allow drainage of condensate.
WEG motors shafts are manufactured using SAE/AISI 1045/45 steel as standard, providing high mechanical resistance, preventing flexing under load, minimising fatigue for a lifetime of superior performance.
W21 rotors are die cast aluminium for lower inertia, higher starting torque, superior mechanical rigidity, cooler rotor temperature and high speed capability. Thermo-chemically treated low electric loss magnetic steel laminations yield high operating efficiency and enhanced reliability.
WEG motors are made from aluminium (63 to 132) or high grade cast iron (160 to 355). The frames are designed using finite element analysis tools to improve mechanical strength, heat dissipation and provide a high pressure rating.
Made of steel plate for frames 63 up to 132M and cast iron for frames 160M and above, WEG’s W21 fan cover offers superior mechanical rigidity, corrosion resistance and extended life.
All motors are available as foot, flange or foot / flange.