Good news in Australian manufacturing as the Australian Industry Group / PriceWaterhouseCoopers Performance of Manufacturing Index headed into positive territory for November.
50.1 was the final, expansionary result, with gains in four out of eight manufacturing sub-sectors.
The report details concerns about the pending closure of all three Australian automotive manufacturers and flow-on effect that this will bring. In addition, fears continue that although the Australian dollar has weakened against major currencies, import conditions are still favourable.
PMI November 2014 Result
4 and 4 this time.
- Food, beverages and tobacco (59.1)
- Wood and paper products (61.6)
- Textiles, clothing, footwear, furniture and other manufacturing (54.4)
- Non-metallic mineral products (50.2)
- Printing and recorded media (42.8)
- Petroleum, coal, chemicals and rubber products (39.9)
- Metal products (43.2)
- Machinery and equipment (44.6)
To download a two page précis of the report, click here… PMI Novermber 2014