Negative growth continued in the Australian manufacturing sector for October 2014, with the Australian Industry Group / PriceWaterhouseCoopers Australian Performance of Manufacturing Index figures released. The final result was 49.4, which although still a contraction, represents an increase of 2.9 points from September.
PMI October 2014 Result
2 and 6. As per usual, there were two expanding sub-sectors, and six contracting sub-sectors.
- Food, beverages and tobacco (56.7)
- Wood and paper products (59.5)
- Textiles, clothing, footwear, furniture and other manufacturing (47.1)
- Printing and recorded media (37.8)
- Petroleum, coal, chemicals and rubber products (38.7)
- Non-metallic mineral products (45.2)
- Metal products (45.0)
- Machinery and equipment (43.8)
To download a two page précis of the report, click here… PMI October 2014