In mechanical power transmission drive design, when determining what is needed to drive a machine, most applications are influenced by two core points:
- What torque is required to turn the shaft that does the work
- At what speed is the shaft turning
In order to answer the above two points, it is important to gather as much information as possible about the drive, namely:
- What is the application? (Conveyor, elevator, screw conveyor, mixer etc.)
- What is the speed (or rate) required? (Metres per minute, tonnes per hour, items per minute etc.)
- What is the above speed based on? (ie Conveyor pulley diameters etc.)
Having an understanding of the application assists drive design by determining service factors, loads, and relevant duty cycles etc.
All Torque Transmissions assists with power transmission drive design for geared motors, vee pulley drives, chain drives, and timing drives.