The double-jointed gear couplings of the ZAPEX ZW series compensate angular, parallel and axial misalignment of shafts. They are particularly suitable for use under rough operating conditions such as drives in the iron smelting and cement industry.
The series comprises 31 sizes of which many are available ex stock. In addition to the standard series, couplings up to 10,000,000 Nm can be offered.
- Materials handling technology
- Low restoring forces in case of shaft misalignment
- Suitable for both directions of rotation (reversing operation) and vertical installation
- Long service life and minimum maintenance requirement as a result of reliable oil or grease lubrication of the gear teeth
- Small dimensions owing to compact design for the use in confined spaces
- Can be used for high shock loads; with large safety reserves
- Can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres; certified acc. to 94/9/EC (ATEX 95)
Zapex coupling types are constructed on a modular principle, so application-related solutions can be delivered quickly. This coupling requires very little maintenance, with regular grease changes at the prescribed intervals prolonging coupling life.